Monday, February 23, 2009

Snow, Snow go away

Today it is official. I am done with winter. Winter and I are no longer friends. I have been trying very hard to stay positive about winter because we will have long winters the next 4 years, but today I am done. I am done with getting all bundled up. I am done with dry, dry skin. I am done with car doors frozen shut. I am done with bad roads. I am done with the cold.

WINTER, I AM DONE WITH YOU!!!

Now I know I can't make spring come any sooner so I should probably change my attitude. Maybe tomorrow we will become friends again and I will be able to see your beauty. Until then, I am done.

7 comments:

Jen I said...

Yeah, I've got to say winters here are beautiful and I'm realizing the advantage with kids and not having to bundle! You can come visit!

Bekah said...

Maybe you can go ice skateing like in Gilmore Girls and become friends again, or maybe just watch that episode. I hope you have better days soon. :)

Whitney and Family said...

Haha-this post made me laugh. I couldn't agree more. This time of year I always start to really get spring fever. I try to keep a positive winter attitude, but by the end of February, I'm done trying to pretend to love Winter! We have been lucky the last few days in SLC. It was already 55 at 9:00 this morning...guess you'll have to come for a visit!!!

Carrie said...

I agree! We had another big snow storm this weekend. A long winter takes on a new meaning stuck in the house with a very energetic toddler!

Jess said...

I hear ya!!!

Chadlee said...

It is so dry here, too. The kids' skin is really messed up with rashes and dry spots. We're constantly lathering ointments and checking with our doctors. It's just the dry climate they say. Luckily Spring is around the corner!

barnhiselfamily said...

Jen! I laughed so hard cuz you are SO right! I am so sick of winter too. I get so excited to see my flowers popping up and then BAM another annoying winter blast comes through. I love your ranting! I am definately on the same page!!!