Thursday, March 20, 2008

We Have Matched

The Match has finally come. We are headed to Cooperstown, NY for the first year, a general year. Then we will be headed to Rochester, NY for 4 years of Radiology. We are so excited!!!

Cooperstown is a small town, which I am totally excited about. I am ready to have a little more open space around me. Rochester is a great place for families and has good schools for Savannah. Yes, she will be starting school while we are there. I was very surprised to realize that little fact. It is a little weird to think about. Of course they both have really good programs for Seth.

Seth will be starting at Cooperstown sometime in June. We will be finding out more of the details in the next few days. We feel so blessed today. Seth has worked so hard over the last four years and we finally feel like the hard work is all paying off.

Today is also Seth's birthday. Happy Birthday Honey! It was a nice birthday present to find out where we are headed. We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate his birthday and the match. We will actually be able to go without kids (Thanks ChyAn). What a wonderful day!!!

12 comments:

Jen I said...

That is a fun birthday surprise! And how nice - I think Chy Ayn watched Cash for our match day celebration too!

Annie said...

YEAH. I bet it is nice to finally know where you guys will be for the next while. Happy B-day Seth.

katie said...

Congratulations! I hope Cooperstown has their snow carving contest while you're there. It's so cool! You'll love it. I'm so happy for you guys. Have a wonderful night of celebration.

Sar said...

Congratulations! My brother and his wife just went through the same long waiting game. . . He's doing radiology too! I'm really happy for you!

Chadlee said...

That's wonderful news. Congrats you guys. I had to look at a map to see exactly where Cooperstown and Rochester are. Looks like you'll be in beautiful areas of NY. CONGRATS!

Carrie said...

Hey Jeni- It's your old roommate Carrie! I just found you through Andrea's blog. Your girls are so adorable! Congratulations to you guys for matching. Ryan loves Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame). Good to see what you've been up to!

The Smiths said...

jeni! I am so excited, I too looked up cooperstown. It looks like such cute place! Do you think after nine years in NY you'll be a "new yorker". Oh heavens. :) Congrats to you both! I am so proud of you guys...

littlest said...

congrats jen! i miss you so much!! haven't seen you in years!
put some pics of your fam on!
jones

Bekah said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Seth!! I am so happy for you guys. It is a nice felling to have your hard work bring good results. Sounds like you will be moving to a wonderful place for your growing family.

Whitney and Family said...

That is so exciting! Cooperstown and Rochester sound perfect for you guys!

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. We'll be close enough for some road trip visits. That would be fun, huh?

Jenilee said...

Sarah, I was thinking the same thing. It will be fun to be a little closer. Road trip here we come!