Saturday, March 1, 2008

Life continues to move forward. Some days I really wonder how in the world we will be able to handle two kids, it can all get a little overwhelming. The nice part is we can wake up to a new day each morning and try again. I am definitely not my best self when I am tired, but I am trying my best to take each situation one at a time.
Today has been a good day! This afternoon, during Isabella's nap, Seth and I were able to spend some time with Savannah. Just her and us. I really think she enjoyed it. I know I did. The best part was it was not planned, we just found ourselves all together having a good time. I think Savannah misses time with us. We will definitely do it again.
I have been so lucky to have Seth home quite a bit in the last month. He has been such a great help. It is nice to have someone to turn to when things get a bit crazy. His schedule changes on Monday, so we shall see what the next 4 weeks are like. We are anxiously waiting to find out where he matched for Residency. Only 2 1/2 more weeks!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

Agreed. It is so hard to be a "best self" when tired and I will add to that hungry or sick. From afar, I send my love and support. There must be so much you have to give both emotionally and physically right now. Take care of yourself: eat good foods, nap (if you can), listen to your favorite music, and give yourself lots of extra credit points. I know how you are and I know that you are an exceptional mother and woman. I'm excited to here where you will match. Sending you my love.

Jen I said...

Yeah, I've had a hard time with Cash. Not that he's bad necessarily, it's more that I just feel bad. I had to cry about it a bit the other day. Sometimes I miss just having one child and being the attentive and doting mother. He's been a little out of sorts with the whole thing, but overall is doing well. I just know I'm not giving him as much of me as I used to.

Bekah said...

Jeni, I'd like to give great advice, but I have none, I'm just glad I can learn from you!! Keep up the good work :) I'm sure you're doing great. You've always been an amazing women to me. Good luck with the 2 1/2 week anticipation. I hope you get to go where you want to.