Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A little late, but Thankful just the same

I have many reasons to be thankful this holiday season. We are all healthy, happy, and loving each other. Recently I have come in contact with a few people that have really helped me see how truly blessed I am. It is so easy to get wrapped up in what we don't have, and forget to see just how much we do have. I am so grateful for my amazing husband. He has worked and continues to work so hard for us. I am so happy that he has found a field that he loves. He still has more training to come, but he loves being a doctor. We have been so blessed with experiences that we would have never had if situations were different.
Savannah is such a wonderful joy and such a sweet little girl. Bella has made our home so much brighter. Her smile makes us smile. I am still learning so much about being the kind of mother I want to be. I am so grateful that my girls love me even when I make mistakes. They are so quick to forgive and move on. I am thankful for family.
I am also thankful for friends. I have recently reconnected with an old friend that I missed so much. She is such an amazing person. Living so far from family has taught me just how important friends are. I am a better person because of the amazing people I am blessed to call my friends.

2 comments:

Jen I said...

Amen to good friends!

It's true, there have been so many great friends and neat experiences come through being a doctor-in-training's wife that we would never have experienced otherwise. It's still a long hard road, but yes, I keep trying to remind myself that there are great times along the way.

Jess said...

Good friends are a MUST!!!