Saturday, November 1, 2008

Little Bo Peep and her Sheep

Happy Halloween! This year Savannah and Bella went as Little Bo Peep and her Sheep! I started working on the costumes the end of September and I don't want to brag, but I have to admit they turned out pretty cute. I also made Savannah a staff to carry, but it didn't make it into any of the pictures. This might be the last year that I have a say into what Savannah is for Halloween. She already informed me she wants to be a witch next year. We shall see.
I just love these girls!!


This little Sheep is ready to go!!


We had a fun time carving pumpkins this year. Savannah's(with my help) is the front one and Seth did the one in the back. The light area is thin enough that the candle would make it glow. We didn't get any good pictures of it lit.


Cooperstown has a Halloween parade that we participated in. The high school marching band led the parade with all the kids (and parents) followed behind. Lots of fun. We also went trick-or-treating to all the shops on main street and some of the neighborhood homes. Savannah had a blast trick-or-treating and did not want to stop. We lucked out and had some great temperatures with no snow.


This is a cute video of Bella laughing. If you watch her mouth closely you will be able to catch a glimpse of her teeth. She has three teeth. Two on top and one of the bottom. Not too different except that the two on top are the side teeth and the bottom tooth is one of the middle teeth, so we have our own Jack-O-lantern smile. Very fitting for Halloween. We are doing our best to get a picture of it. This is all we have so far.

12 comments:

Annie said...

very impressive...I used to make my kids costumes back in the day, but I don't have any spare time anymore and it makes me sad...homemade costumes are so much cuter!! They look adorable!!!

Jen I said...

OH MY GOSH! That is SO cute. I actually had that on my list of things that would be fun with a toddler and a baby (or babies) but unfortunately we have boys! I love that you did the hat just like that! So perfect. And you are so talented - that was my one requirement - that I not have to make ANY of our costumes! I love the idea of the babies being animals when they're just little and sit there anyway. And I realized I had to play up the cuteness as long as I had a say in the costumes too, because yes, all too soon they'll just be princesses and superheros. Fun for them, but just not so adorable anymore! You will have a great collection in your costume closet some day. We'll have to come play!

Jess said...

looks good jen. You are quite seamstress...I can't make anything. You guys look happy!

grammanews said...

Oh Jeni those are so adorable!! the girls and the costumes. and Isabella's laugh is so cute. they are both so adorable and would love to sit and hug them and all day!! You did such a great job on the costumes, you are so talented! thanks for sharing the pictures!
Gramma

Anonymous said...

Jeni! Those are amazing. So stinkin cute. I love them. I love the details you put in them. That's just awesome. Bella's laugh is so contagious & cute. Thanks for sharing.

Sar said...

Oh my heavens. . . those costumes are the cutest things I've ever seen! I can't believe you made them! I love it when siblings go together (their costumes)for Halloween. It's just so much fun!

BertB said...

you domestic goddess you...!

Bekah said...

wow, Jeni you are an amazing woman!!! The outfits are the cutest things ever!!

Unknown said...

They are so cute, and it helps they have an amazing mom to make such cute outfits!!

Chadlee said...

Nice work on the costumes!

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

amazingly adorable - good job on getting started early - the results are delightful

The Smiths said...

ok, somehow I have missed the last few posts! Could you be any more amazing? I think not! I love these costumes!