Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh, the first snow fall of the winter...

I find it to be a little crazy to have a nice fall day one day and then full on winter the next day. Yesterday we went from rain to slushy snow to snow and now we have winter. I do love a good snow storm, but I just don't like it to come before Halloween. I am not quite ready for winter to set in. Because the snow was so wet and heavy all the branches are really hanging down. We have one branch that is hanging down onto the roof and somehow is wedged right where the roof and side of the house meet. So now as the wind blows the branch scrapes on the side of the house making a horrible creaking sounds. It sounds like the house is under too much pressure and is going to collapse any second. The branch is right outside Savannah room and woke her up in the middle of the night. She came running into our room so scared. Poor girl. Like I said before I am not quite ready for winter. They say we will have great weather and temp. for Halloween. Hopefully that really happens.


Yesterday around 3:00 p.m.
This is what we woke up to.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's sad, Jeni. I'm like you - I don't mind snow - but when fall is over. I like the fall weather. Snow needs to wait its turn & come in the winter!

Poor Savannah - that is scary.

Whitney and Family said...

YUCK!! Hopefully it really will warm up for trick-or-treating! You'll have to post some pictures of your cute kids in their costumes!

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

cold.

Chadlee said...

The snow hasn't hit here yet. I hope it comes late this year - not ready!