Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where did the summer go?

This summer has gone by so fast. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by. We have really been enjoying living in Cooperstown. It has been a great place for our family so far. We have been doing a lot of fun stuff that I have been wanting to post, but life with two kids gets a little busy some time. I am going to do my best to get everything posted over the next few days, one for our sake and also to get one more thing crossed off my never ending to do list.

The first post goes to Savannah. She turned 3 years old on Aug. 5th. I am so proud of my little girl. She is growing up so fast and loving having more independence, more than I want sometimes, and learning so much everyday. Sometimes I just watch her and wonder when my baby turned into a little girl. For her birthday we did a little family celebration. We were going to go to a county fair, but the rain came and changed our plans. We were able to go to a Children's museum in Utica, NY. It was ok. Let's just say they are trying to have a children's musuem, but still have a long way to go. She liked it well enough so that is what counts. Savannah also got her hair cut for the first time. She was quite excited. The first day we went, they closed about an hour before we got there. She was devasted. Who knew they would close at 3 pm on a Sat. So first thing Monday morning we were there for the big event. I think it turned out great.


Before

After


Our little family celebration!!

I couldn't resist putting this picture on. Just too cute.


Her first time on the bike.


This is at the lake by our house. There is a little beach area we love to go to.


What is a trip to the beach without being buried!







4 comments:

katie said...

Savannah looks darling with her new haircut. She looks so much older too. Though, that could be because I haven't seen her for awhile. And hey I didn't know you were related to the Murrays that live in IDAHO!! Holy cow! I went to Jr. High and High school with Ben. I was so suprised to see a picture of you on Seleta's blog. Anyway, I'll stop typing now. Miss you guys. Can't wait to hear about your other adventures.

Chadlee said...

What adorable pictures. Your girls are growing so fast. I'm glad to hear Cooperstown is treating you well!

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

She is so big, and cute, and sparkly, and happy!!! Great haircut. Hugs for Savannah.

Jen I said...

Wow! I can't believe she's getting so grown up either. Did she ride a tricycle before? I was just debating whether I should get one for Cash, but Ryan said his nephews just always had a bike with training wheels. She rides so well! So nice that you have a place to be out with bikes and babies and everything!